When you reconnect with your inner child, you also heal wounds from the past, which allows you to be closer to your true self.
The top things you can learn from reconnecting with your inner child are the following:
- There is no such thing as failures, only experiences. The best way to experience life is through play.
- It doesn’t matter what others think. If you want to scream, scream; if you’re going to dance in public, dance in public; if you want to sing when you eat, sing when you eat.
- Love is unconditional. I love my parents no matter what or who they are, from the moment I am born.
- I live in the present moment. When I am hungry, you know it; When I am happy, you know it; When I am calm, you know it. I am not afraid to express how I feel.
- It’s easy to forgive others; you just have to show compassion and move on.
There are different ways you can reconnect with your inner child. The easiest one is true play. Take the time to play again. Why not do the things you love doing as a child, like colouring, building forts, or even biking.
Another way is to discover, learn, or explore. Children love to learn new things, but also, they are comfortable with making mistakes. Allow yourself to try something new and be comfortable not being good at it. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable and do what your heart tells you to do, no matter what others may think.
Finally, we can reconnect with our inner child through meditation. We can intentionally imagine that we are meeting our inner child. If meditation is difficult for you, you can also write your inner child a letter. Tell him or her how much you love them and what you appreciate of him or her. Don’t forget to express your unconditional love and how you will always be there for them.
Your inner child is always part of you, but for so long, we learn to ignore it or even shame the emotions that are linked to our inner child. By reconnecting with it, you are allowing yourself to reconnect with a part of yourself and, most likely, the part that embraces your authenticity.
The Gift of Gratitude – The Transformative Power of Thankfulness PDF
The Gift of Gratitude is the ultimate guide for those who want to turn their life around. The key is simple. Find the good in all the small things. And you’ll turn your life around.
This guide teaches you how to practice Gratitude every day and every second.